Sunday, December 12, 2010

Funky slump

I'm in the odd place right now.  I'm still doing my runs, but it's a struggle to stay on track.  I've noticed big gains (or should I say "losses") in the fit department.  My jeans are less awkward on me and my figure is slimmer.  But I'm in such a mental slump.  Difficult to describe.

I wonder if I am pushing too hard, too fast.  Ben Davis just posted a link to the Hal Higdon's running guide that he used to train for his races.  Looks like there is one for beginner-beginners like me!  I'm going to use his 30/30 plan, which is similar to what my life coach suggested.  This will provide a more regimented routine and I'm going to do the 30 consecutive days thing (hard time of year to start but I'm game!).  It's an easy start pace and cranks it up really slowly.  I'm pretty sure I've been cranking it too hard for someone with little aerobic base.  So back to square one.  I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment