Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hey, stranger!

It's been a whole week since I last posted anything!  Wow.  That was really bad of me.  I think it's because I struggled a lot with this week.  I did my runs on Sunday, then Tuesday and now Today, so I haven't completely fallen off the wagon.  However, I haven't run as much as the previous weeks.  As expressed before, I've been toying with the idea of training according to my heart rate zones to maximise on my time.

Grundle, who posted a comment on this blog pointed me to his website for further info on heart rate training.  A lot of his info is derived from Dr. Phil Maffetone here.  Since I'm so unmotivated to run lately, I'm going to take advantage of the slower pace and try working within the proper heart rate zone.  I think that by changing it up, I won't burn out so easily and give up on the whole thing.  So thanks again to Grundle for sharing this material!  :)

Oh yeah, and today's stats from the run/walk:
1.75mi in 26:25
Avg heartrate was 157 bpm.
Fastest lap happened on the second lap and was 2:53.  Ho-hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment