Thursday, December 16, 2010

Green yourself

I haven't been doing much except studying these past few days.  

I haven't done a run since I last posted.  :(  

But I have been making green smoothies (as if that cancels out!). 

So here was dinner last night.... plus a green smoothie.

This is my own recipe.  Used garlic and onions, reduced sodium soy sauce, curry powder, white pepper and some agave syrup on the chicken leg.  Cooked at low heat so that the onions would caramelise and the skin would soak up the juices.  


This green smoothie I used a lot of stuff.... whatever I had.  I think it was a little too intense.  Next day I woke up with a sore throat and nose bleed -- a sure sign that I had added too much yang to my body.  
What did I use?  Kale, spinach, bananas, coconut, frozen mixed berries, flax seeds, chia seeds, bee pollan, spirulina, aloe vera and coconut water.  If I could do it again, I would skip the chia seeds and pollan and spirulina.  Was definitely an overkill.  : P  I photographed it next to my green pot to compare the colours.  *haha*
This morning's green smoothie is a lot less intense on the "heat" or yang side.  I used collard greens, kale, green apples, kiwi, strawberries, avocado.  Much better.  :)  I'll keep tweaking the recipe and sharing the results.  Meanwhile, I made at least 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies with that one blend.  I've refrigerated the other half in a glass to enjoy later.  

What did you have for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment