Sunday, October 31, 2010

What do you carry with you?

Weight:  180lbs

Did my run today.  I can almost do 3/4 of the track now.  Woohoo, baby!  Small victory. *high five*

Sorry for the protracted silence this weekend.  Didn't think the car accident would throw me off my game, particularly since it wasn't anything major.  However, it did.  I recognise that now.

You know, one of the biggest things that I battle with is not letting go of things.  It makes a bad situation worse.  I was upset about the accident.  I didn't cause it, but it still upset me and I blamed myself for not being able to avoid it.  So that got me unhappy this weekend... .and hence, no blogging, no running, nothing.  I got bogged down about being 'bogged down'.  Talk about unproductive feelings!

I've spoken before about forgiveness because I think guilt is something that most of us hold onto in one form or another... and often without realising it.  Ask yourself today, what haven't you forgiven yourself for?  What haven't you let go?  Down on yourself about not doing enough house chores?  About missing a jog?  Or having dessert?  About a certain life choice you made?  Or the little choices you made along the way?

How would you feel if you forgave yourself for that?  How would you feel after letting that go?

No comments:

Post a Comment