Monday, November 1, 2010

All Saints Day

Today is a weigh-in day.  Stepped on the scale and revealed a 180.4lbs.  Not an earth shattering moment, but that's okay.  Glad it didn't go up.  Down about a pound.

Saw my mother yesterday.  We went out for dinner.. had Shanghainese food.  Ever try it?  Super tasty.  Little bit on the greasy side, but Mom rinsed all her food in warm water.  Sounds kind of silly to do that, but I support whatever she needs to do to lose weight and gain back her health.  All the medication that she has to take is tough on her.  Both of us rarely, rarely take medication... unless absolutely necessary.  Now she has all kinds of pills to take.  It's a difficult reminder about our health and mortality.  I'm hoping that my continued progress spurs her on as well.

Tonight, I had some lovely borscht that she made for me.  Good, delicious soup for cold autumn days.  I gobbled it up so quickly that I didn't take a picture.  I have some leftovers, so I'll be sure to show you tomorrow.  For now, hope you all had a ghoulish Hallow's Eve.

Much love and blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment