Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More about the journey

You know, as I came home today, I was reflecting on my day and what I would blog about tonight.  I'm pretty exhausted.  Really tired because I stayed up all night trying to get some school work done.  Finally had to lay down for a couple of hours because my eyes were super dry (had an eye injury before) and my brain was showing me the Principle of Diminishing Returns.  *haha*

These are so soft and tasty... yum!
Just finished dinner.  My first meal / food today.  Not great, I know.  But what can you do?  These are water dumplings.  LOVE them.  Quick and easy.  I almost gobbled these all up before realising a picture might be nice to share.  Yum!







See how they're almost gone!  I started with 12 of these little suckers!

So putting that aside, I thought I would share with you a little more about what this journey means to me.  These last few days have been filled with introspection and reflexivity.  Those of you who know me, know that I do this pretty often as is!  ;)

This time around, I've been reeeally focused on only two things:

1) Remembering my core values.  Making sure that I am clear about the values that I most cherish in my life for my life.  (ie What are the things that mean the most to me, and bring me the most joy and love and happiness?  What are the things that give me the best quality of life?); 
 2)  What do I want to achieve for myself?  What is the path I need to take to get there?  

These are the kinds of questions that my beautiful, amazing life coach put forward to me.

As I get my head/health/heart back on track, I'm finding myself in a better head space and gaining more clarity every day.  And that is what this whole blog is about.  Getting back on track...!  Moving towards those goals that speak to my core values!  This journey isn't about losing weight, or fitting a particular dress/image.  It's about discovery... finding myself.... and choosing the kind of life that I want for me.

How exciting is that?

Tomorrow:  I will share some of my core values with you.
Weight:  179lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment