Monday, November 22, 2010

Brrrrrr-run

Temp:  -4C with 24 km/h winds

Such a chilly day today!  Holy cow!  My finger tips were getting icy while I ran.  Any skin that came in contact with the air had a ruddy red hue to it.  *hahah*

On the plus side, the school oval was dry (or frozen over) so that meant I didn't have wet socks or muddied pants when I got home.  Who knew that running in the cold could bring such bonuses?!  :)  And because of that, I forced myself to do an extra lap.... even though I really wanted to get back home and warm up.

In pouring over the data, I've been trying to find meager signs of improvement.  Looks like my lap times are a few seconds shorter and that my heart rate is lowering (trust me, not from lack of effort!).  But when I'm out on the track, I can't seem to run further or longer and it doesn't seem any easier.  I'm glad I have the watch to give me an accurate idea of where I'm at.  That's one of the reasons why I've stuck with using the oval... so that it's easier to track the differences in lap times.  Don't worry.  Eventually I'll move off of the track and onto the street for longer distances.  Promise.

Total distance:  1.79mi
Best lap:  3:00
Avg pace:  13:21/mi
Avg heartrate:  157 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment