Monday, October 18, 2010

Veggie crazy?

Last night I dropped by the grocers and picked up some fruit in anticipation of juicing.

What did I have this morning?

Organic Green Kale
Celery
Carrots
Beets
Green apples
Lime
Thai basil
Ginger







How did it taste?  Zingy!  It had a light zest to it.  The lime, basil and ginger were my favourite parts.  Perfect as my morning pick-me-up!  And I love the bright contrasting colours!

Lunch was simple.  Buckwheat soba noodles with Mom's special homemade XO sauce, seaweed and soba sauce.  Delicious and easy as heck to make.







Dinner was a big spinach salad loaded with an egg, half an avocado, a tomato, some provolone and mushrooms, and a sprinkling of dried cranberries.  I'm going to have to learn portion control.  :)  Even with salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment