Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weigh-in Day

Today is weigh-in day and a run day.  I was going to blow off my run in exchange for working on my paper.  However, I found myself distracted and constantly thinking about running.  It was a VERY ODD feeling.  I was actually uncomfortable with NOT going for my run.  Funny how momentum works, isn't it?  

Anyway, I decided rather than be distracted about running, I would just go out and do it.  Figured it would be a good way to get my brain juices flowing.  I'm under a tremendous amount of pressure right now and so now is the time to keep my sanity and mental health.... and I concede that running has become a part of that therapy.  

So which one first?  Weigh-in or run?  Okay.  Run.

Took a slower pace today for a few reasons.  In looking at Monday's heartrate, I decided to learn a bit more about heart rate zones and such.  I noticed that I was mostly working in (the Red Line) Zone 5, which, according to my findings,  is not really where I want to be working out in.  It's beyond the anaerobic zone (4) and way above the fat burning zone (2).  Each zone does different things.  One builds endurance; another burns fat, another burns carbs, etc.  So I dialed it back to see if I could bring the heartrate down a touch and go a little longer/further in a jog.  Turns out that I can!

This snapshot shows you everything but my avg heartrate which was 170bpm.  Monday's was 173.  

Today's first lap was 3 seconds slower than Monday's, but I went further for longer.  I'll have to experiment with all that in the coming weeks.  I think Friday will be a walk day.  I like the idea of burning fat instead of just carbohydrates.  ;)

As for the weigh-in results:

179.6 lbs.

Though my weight is sticking stubbornly close to 180, I've noticed an improvement in my shape.  I'll take that over losing weight!

And now, back to papers!!!  Tell me, how is your week going?  

1 comment:

  1. did you ask how my week is going !! OMG my crisis is in crisis and needs treatment... pheew its friday almost there ..

    ReplyDelete