Monday, November 8, 2010

My dearly missed companion

I'm not sure why, but I suddenly burst into tears at the thought of my Snoopy.  He was my constant companion for almost 15 years.  Aside from when I wasn't in town, I almost always slept with him in my arms and/or at the foot of the bed.  He passed away at the end of July.

Now, I know this blog is largely about my journey back to physical health.  But Snoopy was such a huge part of my life and my happiness.  I adored everything about that cat and made sure to let him know every day how much I loved him.

These are just a few of the things that I loved about him:


  • he would usually come when called.  And if my voice was panicked when calling, he would call out to me as if to reassure me that he was okay and was on his way.
  • he loved to follow me around the house.  I loved having him follow me.
  • on the weekends, I would hold him and take lovely cat naps on lazy, sunny afternoons.
  • he would give me cat kisses on my face if I asked for them.
  • he would let me hold his paws, even though he didn't really like it.  He knew how much I adored his white paws.
  • he stayed next to me if I was crying.  He would sit with me now, if he could, and try to comfort me.


I miss him.  I guess I wanted to share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment