Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome!

So last night I decided that as a part of my quest to get myself back to a healthier place, I would put up a blog.  If other people can read it, that means I need to be more accountable for the goals I set for myself.

My mother recently underwent a heart procedure (angioplasty) to help get more blood into her heart.  It was a wake up call for her.  And for me.  Over the years, I've slowly been gaining weight.  Clothes that used to be my favourite now languish in the back of the closet because I can't fit them.  And going clothes shopping is just plain humbling!  I've gone up as much as 4 sizes.  Seeing my mother change her diet and eating habits, and witnessing her physical change within a short month's time has inspired me to make a change.

This past year has been incredibly challenging.  Personal relationships.  Love loss.  Job loss.  Pet loss.   Mom's health.  Back to school full-time.  I was spiraling into a tail spin and feeling so overwhelmed.

In fact, I still feel very overwhelmed.  But I want to make a difference in my life.  I NEED to make a difference.  So I'm going to start with simple, small things.  Change my diet.  Incorporate some exercise into my routine.  Take on a life coach.  You heard me.  I have a life coach!  Actually, a life coach-in-training.  The amazing Ms. S has provided me with this opportunity for a symbiotic relationship.  I'm her guinea pig and she's my coach.  She is one of the loveliest persons I've met.  My journey with her will last six months.  I'll keep you posted.

For today, I just wanted to start this off.  Share a bit.  Tomorrow I'll do the same.  And the day after.... Thanks for being a part of this.

Namaste.
bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment