Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bitter (drink) to swallow

Have you ever heard of bitter melon?  Ever tried it?  Seen it?

I was at the Asian supermarket the other night and decided to pick one of these puppies up.  In the past, I used to have it whenever my mother used the juicer.  So let's just say it's an acquired taste.  :P

This morning's juice continued the green theme from last time.  I chose these items less for their taste, and more for their detox properties.


- 1/2 bitter melon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 stalks of kale
- 2 stalks of celery
- bit of spinach
- bit of thai basil
- 1 lime
- 1 apple
- 1 bit of ginger
- 2 kiwis (not juiced, but eaten concurrently)



End result?  A pint of that green liquid goodness!  Because it is highly perishable, you should drink it immediately.  Right now, my tummy feels full and jiggly from all this juice.  Unfortunately, I'm hungry and the juice did nothing for it.  Have to wait till my system processes a bit before I have room for toast.

Weight:  181

No comments:

Post a Comment